Terms & Conditions
First Code Academy
(Updated on January 1, 2020)
By enrolling into programs offered through First Code Academy Limited and any of its related companies or subsidiaries (collectively referred to as “First Code”), the customer acknowledges and agrees to our Terms and Conditions as specified below:
- Confirmation of Enrollment | Confirmation of the student's specific class placement/enrollment is only confirmed once the student has completed registration on our system.
- Course Levels & Assessment | Enrollment in First Code courses may be subject to pre-course assessment to determine student's suitability to enroll in lessons. Requests to switch courses or skip course levels will be subject to First Code’s assessment and course availability. First Code reserves the right to refuse the admission of any student who, in its opinion, does not meet the minimum requirement for courses.
- Student Performance | First Code reserves the right to refuse admission or discontinue a student's disruptive behavior in class or at the center, or negative impact on other students' learning.
- Confirmation of the student's specific class placement/enrollment is only confirmed once the student has completed registration on our online system.
- Instructor | First Code reserves the right to change the class instructor for courses or individual private lessons as deemed appropriate or necessary. First Code is not required to provide prior notice for such arrangements.
- Notice of Withdrawals | We assume that your child(ren) will continue with class from term to term unless you notify us for termination. We require 14 working days written notice prior to the date your child(ren) is leaving, or fees will be charged as usual.
- Non-refundable | Tuitions are strictly non-refundable and non-transferable once the student's placement has been confirmed, except in the event that a student's application for enrolment is not accepted or course applied is cancelled by First Code.
- Calculation | All tuition fees are calculated according to the published rates in the current brochure and website or the latest published amendment, if any. First Code reserves the right to change the price and offer promotions at any time to respond to market.Promotion codes cannot be used in conjunction with each other. Missed or unused promotion codes are not refundable upon settlement of tuition fees.
- Settlement | Students must settle all course fees 2 weeks before course commencement (ie. For Fall Term 2016 that starts on September 2, all course fees must be settled by August 19). First Code reserves the right to withdraw or preclude the student from attending class due to non-payment of tuition in part or in full.
- Payment Methods | Tuition could be paid online at the time of registration. Cheques or bank transfer are accepted if a First Code representative confirms registration and provides the bank account number.
- Credit Card Payment | For payments using credit cards, a 3% transaction fee will be charged with every transaction, including tuition fee payment and refund.
- Credit Refund | Credits refunded will be expired within 6 months. Credits issued by First Code are not transferable to cash.
- Minimum Student Number | First Code reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a student’s enrollment at any time due to the class size of less than a minimum of 2 students per class.
- Social Issues | For classes cancelled due to unexpected public health warnings, i.e. swine flu, school suspension officially announced by EDB or other safety concerns, First Code will try to accommodate the majority with makeup classes but with no guarantee.
School Suspension / Bad Weather Arrangement
Classes will be cancelled if Typhoon 8 or above, or BLACK rainstorm signal or above is issued or expected to be issued 2 hours before classes start. For the younger Junior (Age 4-5) students, classes will be cancelled if Typhoon 3 or above, or RED rainstorm signal or above is issued or expected to be issued 2 hours before classes start. First Code will notify the parents if classes will be cancelled.
||Tinker or above
|AMBER Rainstorm Warning Signal
|RED Rainstorm Warning Signal
|BLACK Rainstorm Warning Signal
|Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.1
|Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.3
|Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.8 or above
- Parents should pay attention to the news and weather reports and exercise discretion in deciding whether or not to send their children to class.
- For regular term classes cancelled due to severe weather conditions, First Code will try to accommodate with make up lessons with no guarantee. If students cannot attend the lessons at the given times, then there will be no additional rescheduling or refund for the lessons.
- For camp course, there will be no make-up class, rescheduling or refund.
Make-up Class Arrangements
- Student Absence | If the student is absent without a notice 24 hours prior to the class time, the full fee will be charged and there will be no refunds, credits and no make-up to be arranged.
- No Tuition Fee Deduction | Tuition fees are charged on a termly basis. No deduction for tuition fee is available. Only make up class or co-learning hour would be offered. Please note the missed classes and make-up classes cannot be accumulated to offset the tuition fees for the following term.
- Same Level Make Up Class | Students may join another class of their same level if the class is not full and if the two classes have the same curriculum progression.
- Project Time | Last two lessons in every term class are project time. To maintain our teaching quality and ensure instructors can best assist students in their projects, student needs to attend the same time slot for final two lessons.
- Co-learning Hour | This makeup class is a 1 hour class. The instructor will guide the student to finish the lesson project. Parents need to contact CS staff to appoint the co-learning hour. Co-learning hour must be taken within 2 weeks and within the same term, and cannot be carried over to the next term.
- Rescheduling | If our available dates for the make-up class or co-learning hour do not match the student’s availability, we cannot guarantee a replacement class. In the case where replacement class cannot be arranged, hand-out summary will be given for home studying. No further arrangements will be made once make-up class or co-learning have been confirmed.
- For students enrolled in the holiday camps, no make-up classes will be offered for any missed classes.
- First Code reserves the right to make any changes to the program including curriculum, class size, class time, number of classes. This may be to the customer’s advantage or disadvantage.
- Course curriculum may or may not include a guest speaker who will give a sharing during class time
- In the event of instructor absence, First Code will notify the student of any class rescheduling.
- Students need to ensure all the equipment will be used properly and safely, keep the items in good condition, and return the items to First Code Academy after the lesson.
- Student is responsible for the cost of repair or replacement if any damage happened to the items.
- Parents and guardians are solely responsible for the safety of the students before and after class.
- In case of serious accidents when immediate medical care is required, children will be sent to the nearest hospital. By accepting First Code’s terms and conditions, you have given us your consent for us to do so.
Photography and Film Material
- By accepting First Code’s terms and conditions, the participant accepts that First Code freely can use all photography, film and sound material that has been created by First Code and/or First Code’s staff during the program, without asking further approval from the participant. First Code reserves all rights to images and footages.
- First Code reserves the right to use the applicant/student's work for promotional or educational purposes.
- The consent regarding photography and film material may be withdrawn at anytime with prior written notice to First Code.
- If you do not wish for your child(ren) to be in marketing/editorial material, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liability and Force Majeure
First Code will not be liable in cases where First Code is unable to fulfill any services to which they are contractually bound because of fire, natural disaster, act of government, failure of suppliers or subcontractors, labor disputes or other reasons that are beyond First Code’s control. First Code will not be liable for loss, damage, or injury to persons or property howsoever caused, save where the liability is expressly imposed beyond exclusion by statute.These conditions do not affect your rights as defined by the consumer protection laws in your host country.
Your personal data will be processed by First Code both within and outside Taiwan, primarily for the purpose of completing your booking, providing you with the products and services that you have booked. We may also inform you of new offers, products and services which may be of interest to you (including by e-mail and SMS), and you may cancel such information at any time. First Code processes your personal data in compliance with applicable data protection legislation. If you have questions about First Code’s processing of your personal data, would like to have a copy of the information First Code holds about you, or have inaccurate personal data rectified or erased, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Parents/students agree not to reproduce, distribute or show to any other person, in whole or in part, any of the class materials, lesson notes, assessments and tests distributed by First Code without the prior written consent of First Code.
- Parents/students are not permitted to solicit or make private arrangements for tuition with instructors/tutors employed by First Code.
- Parents are responsible to arrange appropriate transportation or pick-up for students to and from First Code premises. First Code does not require students to sign-out or notify us when they are leaving the premises.